Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mi Casa!

Well, after visiting only one house in Huger, SC and a thousand more listings from my realtor I decided to look at new construction on Johns Island.  We set up appointments at three new subdivisions and as soon as we drove into Staffordshire (the third one we visited) I knew that I wanted to live there!

The neighborhood is full of young professionals and the location is perfect!  
  • 25 minutes to the beach
  • 35 minutes to my mom's
  • 60 minutes to my dad's
Here's the lot:
Lot 55
 The road name is actually changing - Ladies and Gentlemen, I will be living on Needwood Forest Drive.  No joke.  That's really the name of the road.  What a terrible arrangement of words...in more ways than one.

Here's the elevation of the house:
I cannot wait to pick the finishes - it will NOT be beige!
And the floor plan:
First Floor

Second Floor
I had the chance to walk thru a near-finished home with the same floor plan and took these:
Entry into open kitchen and great room
Kitchen
I'm so excited!  The estimated close date is August 24th - and it can't come soon enough!

So far, this process has been totally painless with the help of my amazing Realtor, Jennie Hood from Carolina One Realty.  If you're in the market for a new/pre-owned house, she's the best! Harbor Homes has been wonderful so far too - and my agent there is actually going to be my neighbor!

I cannot begin to express my appreciation for my mother and step father during this process.  With me being in Rock Hill, they're having to handle a LOT for me, and I can't stop thinking about how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life!  My dad doesn't know it yet, but he's building me a fence and a deck/pergola!  The support I have from my family is making this process painless, and I am so blessed to have them!

Yes, there's a guest room - but it's pretty much booked up with guests until 2013!  Love my friends in Charlotte!

I cannot wait to start a new life by the sea - it's where I belong! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?