Monday, April 2, 2012

Artistic April

First off, Meatless March was a total success!  I only cheated two times - once was St. Pat's when I mowed down a Wild Wing's Buffarella at 11:00pm and the other time I was making dinner for my friends and completely forgot to leave the chicken out of my quesadilla.  Trust me, there were PLENTY of other times I wanted to cheat!  The hardest part about not eating meat is not being able to find something fast (read: Chick-fil-A) when I was hungry.  The most "fast food" I ate was a veggie sub from Jersey Mike's...which is pretty delicious.

So, my most common response to "I'm not eating meat this month" was "What the hell do you eat then?".

Glad you asked:


Did I miss meat?  NO!  Look at all the delicious stuff I ate!  I will say that Trader Joe's was my best friend in March, and I will continue to drive the 30 minutes to Rae Road in Charlotte to purchase all my groceries going forward.  They have such delicious produce and it's CHEAP!

I ate lots of FREE shrimp - thanks to my father who took me casting one weekend in McClellanville while I was down visiting.  We tried to go offshore for some serious meat fishing, but ended up fishing in the creek instead.

Shakes and smoothies provided the protein I was lacking, and by the end of March I had concocted a ridiculous amount of different flavored smoothies, and learned that I like the protein shakes a lot more when made with coconut milk instead of water.

I love veggies, but I needed meat yesterday...so I ate this:
Lunch.

 Ok, so onto April...

If you don't know already, I'm what most people would call "Artsy Fartsy".  While my cousin wrote 15 page papers on God knows what, I was sketching trees from our dorm room.

Lately, I've been going thru some tough stuff, and I've been trying to find alternate ways to control my stress.  Yesterday, I had an epiphany...I should paint.

So I trucked it to Michael's Craft Store and bought some new paints and 4 canvases.  I then spent the rest of my afternoon painting in my tiny ass living room, on the floor with the iPod on shuffle.  It was so relaxing.

So, now I have 3 blank canvases and 29 days to bring back the artsy fartsy Lindsey.  Hey, at least I'll have new art for my new house - whenever I find it.

Also, I'm adding "Appreciative April" to the mix.  Each day I will tweet (I never use the Twitter) about something that day that I found that I appreciate.  I think this exercise will help me find the positive in the days that seem impossibly negative.  Follow me @LowcntryLindsey

April is going to be a good month...I just feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?