Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Look

For those of you who don't know me...I get really bored with the same surroundings.  I have been known to keep up to 4 different duvet covers for my bed and change them out every season.  Of course this also requires different window treatments, throw pillows and art.  A personality trait that can be very expensive.

So don't be alarmed if you see the blog change every now and then...I get bored easily.

In other news, I saw a dude pass out at the gym yesterday!  I was walking to get a medicine ball from the rack and I noticed this huge (6'7 or so) dude just standing there in front of the mirror and free weights.  He was just standing there, all stiff-like, holding 50lb free weights in each hand.  Then out of nowhere he fell over - knees locked. Guys from all over the place started yelling "Call 911!" and "he's not breathing!" and "wake up!"  I did nothing.  Yep.  I got my medicine ball and walked back to where I was before.  

Two reasons for doing this (so you don't think I'm a terrible person) 1.) what the hell was I going to do!?!  Yea, I know CPR, but I've only practiced on a dummy in high school.  "Look out guys, I know CPR - I've done this before (on a dummy)!"  Yea, that would have gone over well.  And reason 2.) There were plenty of people who made it over to him before I could get out of panic mode and realize what the hell just happened!

By the time I left, the whole 911 crew was there loading the dude up on a stretcher.  I didn't stick around to see what happened...but I can't lie - I'm really curious if he's okay.  I haven't stopped thinking about if I could have done something to help.  When I noticed that he was standing there, staring off into nothing, stiff...could I have done something to snap him out of it?  Probably not, but that's just how my mind works.

Thank God I'm not a lifeguard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?