Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You've got a Friend

I've got some amazing friends.  I know for a fact that there are at least 8 people in my phone that I can call at any point in time and they'd come running.  (I should probably memorize their numbers - just in case).  The thing about having good friends is that they know they can call you in the same situation and you would do the same for them.  These Elite Eight know that.  I'm pretty sure I once had a Sweet Sixteen - things happen, people change, the end...no biggie.   

The odd thing is that most of my friends are guys.  I don't know if it's because I'm an only child and my dad made/makes daddy-daughter time full of things most boys would do, or if it's just because I'm better at boy things than girl things?  Now, let's not go to extremes and call me a super dike - I can be as girlie as the rest of them when I want to (not to mention that I DO like men). 
It's easier to hang out with guys...they like to just sit there, talk, drink and laugh without trying to impress each other.  Guys, I hate to break it to you, but girls don't always just dress up to impress you - we dress up to impress the other females.  I don't know why, but we do.  I have dressed up to impress a guy a couple of times, but usually I spill something on myself and end up laughing about it later.  Don't get me wrong, I love my girl time when we do try to one-up each other with clothes or makeup...but sometimes it's fun to not give a care.

The best part all of my friends is that you could put me and any of them in an empty room and we'd find something to do or someone to talk about to pass the time.  It doesn't always have to be a 3 ring circus - I don't always have to have something crazy to do.  Sometimes it's cool to just float on a raft at a pool and drink for hours on end.  Sometimes it's better to just go see a movie with a friend than go get hammered drunk at a bar.  Sometimes it's even better to get hammered drunk then go see a movie.  I'm just sayin'.

I have friends that satisfy my different needs.  I have girl friends that will go shopping, see a chick flick, or drink wine and talk about other people with me.  I have guy friends that will go to a ball game, go fishing, or play golf with me.  I have married friends that will let me tag along and be their (awesome) third wheel for the night.  I have single friends that will go to bars and meet new people with me.  I have friends with children that will invite me to go see a Disney movie with their family, knowing that I won't go without a borrowed child in tow.  I have High School friends who will listen to old CD's with me and reminisce about how easy life was back then.  I have college friends who will always know that those were the best 4 years of our lives.

So, to my friends, thank you.  Thank you for being the pool partners, the football friends, the concert companions, the movie dates, the second mothers, the golf buddies, the wedding dates, the first and second wheels, the sisters and brothers I never had, and most of all being my friend.  I love you all!


"See you and me have a better time than most can dream of, better than the best, so we can pull on through, whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around."
-Dave Matthews Band


And now, some silly cats...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?