Monday, January 2, 2012

Just One Cup January

Happy 2012 everyone!  I always like to start off a new year – it’s a fresh start on another chapter of your life.  At work the file cabinets are empty, the folders are new, and the team is ready to start off fresh with hopes for an amazing year.  At home the Christmas decorations are put away (ok, so I didn’t have that many this year but there’s now an empty corner of my living room where presents were once stored) and all the laundry is done.  It’s time to start fresh…and apparently also time to make that New Year’s resolution.

I’ve never been the one of 500 people joining a gym in January – I’ve always been a member.  In January when the influx of newbies come storming into my gym hoping to lose the weight they could have been losing all year, it only makes me angry.  My routine will surely be screwed starting tomorrow.  But, hey…congrats for making a resolution.  See you next January – and thank you for your contribution to the gym…maybe now they can get us some new TV’s in the ladies fitness room.

So, I guess what I’m getting at with my rant is that most New Year’s resolutions are broken within the first few months of the year.  So, I’m going to try something different…something that will keep me focused year round on bettering myself.  It’s easier to make short term goals than long term goals.  Instead of setting some ridiculous goal that lasts an entire year, I plan to set monthly goals (read: resolutions).

Each month I will have a new resolution – starting on the 1st of each month.  I think by doing this I will have a better chance of keeping the goals I set.  I also think that after sticking to one goal for 30+ days I’ll have a better chance of sticking to them year round.  By the end of 2012, I may not keep all 12 resolutions, but hell, if I keep 6 – I’ll be happy.

Ok, so here goes nothing…

Let’s start off slow, right?  Ease myself into this monthly goal thing.  Thus, Just One Cup January.
Just one cup of coffee in the mornings.  Typical mornings consist of me and my Keurig brewing up a delicious cup of coffee before I head out the door to work.  Once I get to work, I usually finish off the good coffee I brought and then start in on the 2nd cup from the industrial sized coffee maker in the office.  I don’t know what it is – whether or not it’s the machine or the coffee itself, but the stuff is terrible.  For a while we were all convinced that the coffee was eating our insides, and it was always blamed for any “stomach issues” anyone had.  This should be an easy goal to achieve but just to be safe, I prepared for that second cup crave.  I’ve always liked hot tea, but typically stick to the basics – Earl Grey and Sleepy Time tea.  After a trip to World Market, my cabinet is full of a crazy variety of teas – herbal and other teas.  Have you ever had Ginger Tea…?  It’s delicious! 
cheerio yall


I’ll let you know how it goes.  Office gals, keep me on track – if you see me going for numero dos, slap me.

Cheers y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?