Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Center Day

I remember being in college and working on residential design projects and LOVING the design library day when all 18 of us fought over Uba Tuba Granite samples and paint chips from God knows where.  It was what every girl wants - to pick samples of imaginary spaces they were designing and NOT paying for!

Well, my dream became a reality when I had the chance to go to the Harbor Homes design center on Friday of last week.

My appointment time was set for 9:00am to 11:00am...I told my rep that this would not take 2 hours...and I was right.  45 minutes.  What can I say, I know what I like and I know what I DON'T like.

We started out with the exterior siding colors - the choice I feared the most.  You can change cabinet colors, flooring, even counter tops - but you can't really change the color of your house once it's up!  I REALLY wanted this slate blue color, but it was not a "standard option" and this white girl wasn't forking out any more cash-money for a freaking vinyl color.  I chose a deep khaki color called "Pebble" and was required to select an accent color for my dormers - and I got a blue color close to the one I wanted called "Midnight Sky"!  With black shutters, white trim and a black door, this house is going to be b-e-a-utiful!
exterior finishes  
With the difficult part out of the way, we moved onto flooring.  I kept the standard carpet and vinyl flooring in the first floor - I'll be installing hardwood down the road.


Then I selected my cabinets and granite - the cabinets are "Sinclair Birch" - a deep chocolate color.  The granite is (I forgot the name) a deep gold color with a lot of black and silver mixed in.
flooring, counters and cabinetry
I also selected my accent colors - Harbor Homes provides the builder with the option to have two walls painted in Sherwin Williams colors.  I chose the kitchen walls to be painted - yea, they may not be the biggest walls in the house, but if you've ever painted a kitchen before you know how much of a pain in the ars it is.  The color is "PoolHouse" and it matches my living room accent colors PERFECTLY!
poolhouse - middle blue color
poolhouse
After going over my appliances and fixtures, we were DONE!  I left with a wonderful feeling and cannot wait to see something happen on my empty lot!


Pre-slab meeting is in two weeks and my mother will go on my behalf to show the builder where my outlets and cable jacks will be.  Close date is August 24th and then it will be time to move...ugh, I hate moving...but this move will be different! :)


Cheers Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?