Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Costume Part 2

I ended up drinking last night in celebration of the completion of my costume.  I'm SO glad it's over.

I left work yesterday and went to Kmart - certainly they would have tacky white shoes and cheap jewelry.  BUT, I struck out...guess they're sold out.

So, I went to the next white trash Rock Hill establishment: The "Gonorrhea" (Galleria).  After scouring the shelves of Claire's, I found the perfect earrings...but they were $16!  That's as much as I spent on the dress!  I moved on...no way in hell I'm spending $16 on a pair of earrings I will never wear again.  White shoes...surely they will be on a clearance rack somewhere in the Rock Hill mall.  Nearly giving up, I found RUE21...a teenie bopper store with a ridiculous amount of cheap jewelry and shoes near the rear of the store.  Low and behold...I found white shoes...for $5!!!
those socks are hot.
Jewelry time.  I was on a roll with my finds now, so I continued through the mall (if you want to call it that).  I found a store that I think was called "American Diva" that was ran by Indian women (Indian-like "holla holla" not "How").  It was worth a shot...and it ended up being my greatest find yet!  I found the perfect earrings for $1. (I forgot to take a picture of them...)

So, after treating myself to a Greek salad from Showmar's (to go) I headed home to start my sweat shop.

First, I sewed on the elastic banded trim on the shoulders of the dress to use as straps.  
oh we fancy now!
Then, I used the leftover tulle from the bodice of the dress to add cap sleeves to the side of the dress.
finally done.
 add the sash...
winning.
and a crown...
oh man...
And I'm done.


I'll have photos with the full costume on after this weekend.  It's going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?