Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Toys of the 80's & 90's - Just Toys

I realized in my thought process that I didn't really have "toys" in the 90's.  Those were the years that I was being all artsy-fartsy at the kitchen table.  So I expanded this list to the 80's and 90's.  Enjoy...


Sit n Spin
If I were to try and sit on one of these and spin myself, a few things would happen...
1.) I wouldn't be able to fit my ass on it
2.) I don't think I could get it to spin (see #1)
3.) If I could get it to spin, I would throw up.




Slip and Slide
Oh man, how much fun were these?!?  Even as an "adult" I want one of these!  It's amazing how resilient we were as children...run full speed through the yard and then belly flop right on top of a latex runway to be catapulted OVER the "pool" at the end.


Cabbage Patch Kids
OMG, I had a thousand CPKs when I was a kiddo.  I remember (very vividly) from our house in Wando Lakes that I had all my CPKs on my bed.  I must have just watched Huggabunch Kids for the fifty-thousandth time, because I thought if I put my mother's mother's hand mirror on the bed, I could jump through it with my CPK's and go to Huggaland... I was wrong.


Teddy Ruxpin
What a creepy bear...but it was really cool as a kid to have this thing read a book to you!


Stretch Armstrong
Ok, so I didn't have one of these, but Lance (Laura's Brother) did...and we always stole it from his room.  The curiosity in us wanted to stretch the hell out of it to see what was inside...didn't every kid?  We were never successful in breaking it in half...but we did manage to cause a small leak.  The inside material was disappointing.


Polly Pocket
Ahh...the toy that caused more little girls to cry and scream when their 1/8" sized Polly went missing.  


Trolls
OMG, I had a thousand of these too!  One for every occasion: birthday, Christmas, Halloween...hell yes!  


POGS
Ok, maybe these were not a popular as I remember, but I had THOUSANDS of these.  The object of the game was to stack up the POGS face down, each player contributing the same amount to the game from their collection.  Then, each person would take turns using a POG slammer (heavier POG) to throw on the stack.  Any POGS that were face up when they finished their turn were theirs to keep.





     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?