Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh Hi March!

It's that time again...

First, a Friendship February re-cap.  The first weekend of February was full of showering my friend Brooke and her baby boy with gifts and a ridiculous amount of food.  The next weekend, Chelcie and I made an impromptu trip to Charleston to house sit for my mother.  On the way back we stopped in Columbia to meet Mary Ann's beautiful baby girl, Mary Elizabeth.  The next weekend was Super Saturday in Rock Hill - full of crap I never do.  And last weekend I spent 3 days with my very best friends in a beach house for our 10 year class reunion.  Granted, I may have gone against the resolution a bit and spent time with a few people I normally hang out with - I think February was a total success in so many ways.

Ok, onto March.  I've debated about this for a couple of days, and I'm making an executive decision - I'm gonna do what I really never thought I could do.  I've contemplated whether or not I have the will power to make it thru 31 days without this, but if it were an easy thing to do I would do it every day of my life.  It's going to be hard, but easy restrictions are...well easy.  As if I need any more hardships in my life right now...either way, I'm pushing myself to do different things just because, well, I want to push myself.

Drum roll please...Meatless March.

Yep, I'm going to attempt to go thru the next 31 days as a vegetarian.  Not like the crazy "eggs come from chickens, and chicken is meat" kind of vegetarian.  But the "I'm not eating MEAT" vegetarian.

This was a tough decision, just knowing that my company is having dinner tomorrow night at Wild Wing and I'm craving a Buffarella like nobody's business.  Even worse, the weather is so nice and people were grilling out tonight when I got home - the smell of burgers on charcoal park grills was intoxicating.  So, I went all crazy for dinner and baked a chicken breast (one of 12 I JUST bought BOGO - meh), slapped it on a salad, and topped it with my mother's homemade ginger dressing.  Crazy, right?  No.  I want steak...dammit, steak.  I NEVER eat steak: a.) I have no grill (lost it in the 'divorce') and b.) apparently my friends never want to invite me over for a nice steak dinner.  WTF, friends?

In all honesty, I don't eat a lot of meat anyway.  Most of my meals are salads, soups or pasta.  And when there's meat involved, it's chicken - the only white meat (that's what she said).  But seriously, I always wonder how vegetarians feel when they're sitting around a bunch of people mowing down on beef while they find themselves asking "how are the veggie burgers"? 

Can I do it?  Yes.  Will I like it?  Probably not.  What's going to be the hardest part of this?  Not going to Taco Bell on the way home from McHale's. 

To keep this interesting, I'll be trying some new recipes (that I'll more than likely google) in order not to go insane eating the same crap over and over again this month.  If any of you have some good ones, please share - it's going to be a long month...I need support!

Again, I'm not doing this for any other reason than to see if I can do it.  To my asshole friends who (I know you will) find it funny to tempt me with burgers and (now) invite me to steak dinners - you suck.

This should be interesting.

Cheers y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?