Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Duper Bowl

After a weekend of going hard two nights in a row, I find myself home alone watching the Super Bowl with a big glass of H2O.  See, York county is a dry county on Sundays – no beer sales.  Basically the gas station at the border makes their February sales goals on Super Bowl Sunday with rednecks from Rock Hill driving up to get last minute party favors.  I, however, nursed a hangover all day and chose not to drink tonight OR leave my house to fetch provisions for the game.  I feel weird watching football without a cold beer…but oh well…it’s a school night anyway.

my personal Super Bowl party


Because I have nothing better to do while sitting alone getting text messages from all my Playworld people who are having a blast in PA, I have chosen to blog.  Yay.

If you’re wondering, I’m neither a Giants nor Patriots fan…but I will never cheer for a team who’s quarterback endorses UGG boots for men.  Not to mention the other “LT” played for NY…so go Giants.

Here’s the things I probably would have talked about, laughed, or made faces with someone if I wasn’t watching alone.
  •  Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are the greatest, most talented Country Music couple since Tim and Faith. 
  • “America the Beautiful” always makes me cry…especially when sung by two amazing musicians.
  • I’ve never been a Kelley Clarkson fan.  I don’t care if the girl has put on a few LB’s – she can sing!
  • First commercial “The Dictator”, really?
  •  Ok great, the Ronald McDonald House commercial made me cry too.
  •  Audi Vampire commercial – clever…and so true.  Those headlights are insanely bright.
  • Dear Tom Brady, starting the game off with an intentional grounding call resulting in a Safety is NOT the way to start out the friggin Super Bowl.
  • Elton John Pepsi commercial blew…until Flava Flav showed up.
  • Dear GM/Chevy, don’t bite the hand that feeds you.  Ford insult in your ad was below the belt…remember who helped bail your ass out?  Ford supporters and employees.  Not cool.
  • Oh, now the Patriots have 12 men on the field.  Seriously?  You’re in the SUPER BOWL.  Get it together.
  • Ok, Budweiser…you got me…I want to try Bud Light Platinum.
  • VW commercials never fail to entertain me.
  • David Beckham H&M commercial was hot…until it showed his wedding ring.
  • No wonder the Patriots blow, they’re being coached by a dirty bum in a sleeveless hoodie.  We get it Belichick, it’s your “thing”…but just so you know, you look like a moron.
  • Cars.com commercial was dumb.
  • The Rock is the worst actor in the world…next to Jessica Simpson.  Thank God Bruce Willis is in GI Joe…otherwise that movie would blow.  (that rhymed)
And it’s Halftime.
  • “Vogue” pretty bad ass performance.
  • “Music” Madge nearly ate it trying to step up on the bleachers yet managed to do flip over them later?  Then enter weird looking tight rope walker…wow.  Add a little LMFAO and you have a really strange remix where Madonna shows off her man muscles.
  • “Luv” with Nikki Minaj and Mia song is just dumb.  The drum line lead by Ceelo Green however was fantastic.
  • “Like a Prayer” is probably my favorite Madonna song, and the performance didn’t let me down…until Madonna fell into the pit of hell.
  • Thank God for Betty White.
Second Half:
  • Patriots open up the second half with a TD and lead by 8
  • Come on Chick-fil-a, we’ve seen that commercial a million times already!
  • Giants get a field goal and it’s now a 5 point game.
  • The commercials are starting to suck.
  • That Greek Yogurt bitch just head butted Uncle Jessie!
  • OMG I want the new Acura NSX!  That car is hot!
  • These boys seem to be pushing each other a hell of a lot this half.
  • Ferris Bueller’s day off CRV commercial: not terrible. 
  • Cruuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzz!
  • Wow, Motley Crue…Kia?  Really?
  • I love monkey commercials.
  • Manningham is insane!  What a catch!
  • Bradshaw’s touchdown gives the Patriots a chance to score – what a dummy.
  • Dear Aaron Hernandez, with those super pink receiver gloves you shouldn’t be dropping balls.
  • Brady goes boom.
  • Now the Giants have 12 on the field? 
  • 5 seconds left in the game, 3rd and 5, hail mary in the end zone with nearly 10 potential receivers from both teams and nobody makes the catch 
  • Giants win!!!
What a game!  This year the commercials were not the highlight of Super Bowl Sunday…it was the game.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?