Sunday, February 19, 2012

Super Saturday in the 'Hill

Have you ever had one of those days when it starts out so terrible that you are certain that there’s no possible way for redemption?  Me too…until yesterday.

7:45am: woke up – angry…Saturdays are for sleeping in, right?  Yea, that’s what I thought.

7:55am: finally went back to sleep

8:30am: woke back up – gave in.

8:45am: coffee brewing, teeth brushed, face washed, gym clothes on.

9:00am: Out the door.  Before I get into this too much further, this past weekend has been the first weekend since the New Year that I haven’t had any places to be.  Therefore, my to-do list was getting longer and longer.  Yesterday was supposed to be D-day – aka, “Get sh*t Done Day”.  Key word: SUPPOSED TO BE.

9:15am to 10:00am: Dick’s Sporting Goods, TjMaxx and Ross – just in case there was something on sale that I absolutely Neeeeeded.  There wasn’t.

10:10am: Ultra Tan for ½ price upgrades in which I chose to spend 8 minutes in a bed that looked like it was designed by NASA.  Go on, judge me all you want.

10:20am: Called Tire Kingdom to see if I could bring my car in for an oil change and alternator belt replacement.  “Sure, we have time to do it now – shouldn’t take more than an hour and a half” says Mr. Mechanic.  “Perfect,” I say…”be there in a minute”.

10:32am: Arrive at Tire Kingdom – tell them what I need done, and let them know that I’m going across the street to get a mani-pedi while I wait the hour and a half that it’s going to take for my car.  “Have fun” says Mr. Mechanic – this is the last time that I ever thought Mr. Mechanic was a nice person.

10:55am: Mr. Mechanic calls to let me know which belt needed replacing and the cost.  ½ way thru pedicure – perfect timing so far!

12:00 NOON: Finish up at the salon and head back across the street to fetch my rig.

12:02pm: realize that my car is STILL in the bay.  “Mr. Mechanic,” I say, “Is my car not ready?”.  Mr. Mechanic replies “Oh, they’re putting the belt on right now and you should be ready to roll in about 30 minutes”.

12:02:03pm: Lindsey loses her cool…for the FIRST time.

12:03pm: I sit in the waiting area after being told “Thirty minutes tops – putting my two best mechanics on it”.  Meh.

12:34pm: Mechanic #2 comes into waiting area with a busted ass looking belt from my car and a very small – imagine headband sized – belt in the other hand.  He then tells me that “they” sent the wrong belt over and that “they’ve” called for the correct one and it’s on the way.  Deep breaths.  We’re now on hour 2 – and you’re JUST NOW realizing that the headband won’t fit on the engine?!?

12:50pm: had a great conversation with a lady in the waiting room about how long we both had been waiting and how it’s totally sucking because the weather is so beautiful.

1:20pm: “Maam, they’re finishing up and will be pulling your car around soon”…OH THANKS!  “I’m really sorry it took longer than expected” says Mechanic #1.  “Longer than expected would be 30 minutes over the time you told me – you officially took twice as long to do something, lied to me, and completely ruined my schedule for the day.”  There’s a lot more dialogue here, but I’ll spare you.  All you need to know is that I paid for the belt labor, and that’s all.  Savings of about $80 – in which I spend later – keep reading.

1:30pm: I wait outside for them to “pull my car around”.

1:38pm: my car finally comes around.

At exactly 1:42pm I realized I was not going to do ANYTHING else off my to do list the rest of the day!

1:50pm: I arrive at The White Horse for lunch and the beginning to a very long day of drinking.

2:50pm: I find myself stuffing mini bottles of rum and Red Stag in my purse to go to the Winthrop baseball game against Kent State.

3:15pm: Rum and Coke in the stands of opening weekend – Life is Good.

5:15pm: buzzed and hungry – again.  

5:25pm: Ordering a medium gold margarita at El Cancun.

6:15pm: Talks of going to the 7:00pm GA Tech ball game start…then dissolve.

7:00pm: The beginning of the end – at Striker’s bowling alley.  

7:30pm: beers and karaoke in the bar until our two hour wait for a lane ends.

8:15pm: The worst rendition of “Shoop” is performed by Chelcie and myself.

8:17-9:30pm: I have no clue.  SO I’ll take this time to remind everyone that I’m STILL IN MY GYM CLOTHES…yep.

9:30pm-ish: our lane is open.  FINALLY!

10:00 to 11:30pm: I kick asses and take names in two games of intense bowling. 196 the first game, and then a 120 the second game…it got worse the longer I played.

11:33pm: I’m done.

So, the morals of this story are:
  • When your day starts out in the crapper, the only way it can go is UP.
  • If you don’t get what you want, get loud
  • Yesterday was the most fun I’ve had in Rock Hill in a very long time…thanks to everyone that played.  You have no idea how bad I needed that.  Special thanks to the DD as well! J
Unfortunately, I still have a to do list and a rockin’ headache– ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you what I think...what do you think?